My Design Teams

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Love note

Evening All......I survived the weekend with the Brownies! Woo hoo! It was an interesting experience as you can imagine, the girls all enjoyed themselves, but I still can't get over how many Brownies were there! If you live in the Merdian TV area in the UK you may have even seen me on the local news yesterday evening...they showed a shot of me hobbling into the centenary show! I'm the grumpy looking one in a red coat with a crutch!! Ha, ha! If you really want to see my suffering just Google the Merdian local news!

Anyway, to celebrate my survial I thought I better catch up on some challenges....I've popped over to the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and they are looking for projects with a musical theme. It can be anything - instruments, musical notes, singing...anything musical. A very interesting challenge this one, check out the lovely DT cards here: http://thesecretcraftersaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2010/01/challenge-66.html.
I then decided to catch up with this week's Cupcake Craft Challenge...over on their blog Kathrin has produced a fab sketch to follow. Our projects need to follow the sketch, although we can rotate or flip the design (bit too clever for me!!). The DT designs can be seen here: http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2010/01/challenge-74sketch.html

I suppose its about time I showed you my card that fits both challenges....to be honest I'm not too impressed with myself this time, but it took me ages to make so I'm going to share it with you anyway......


With Valentine's Day fast approaching I decided to create a lovey-dovey card of the non-traditional kind! I have created a musical theme by using the musical notes in the background. I have also included lyrics from romantic love songs - although you can't see them very well in the light grey box! I found the lyrics on the internet and have included the singer's name too. Peer hard...there might be one of your favourites on there! This was the time consuming bit - picking the right songs!!

I have followed the sketch exactly as it appears on the Cupcake Craft Challenge blog, using a red, black and grey colour combo. There is a heart covered backing paper right at the back (bearly visible) and then I have layered the other shapes on top. There are the musical notes at the back, the lyrics on top of that, followed by a red circle covered in mini black hearts! There are two pieces of oblong red card to the right of the card, with a mini crystal heart placed at the top of each of them. The final piece is the big red heart and sentiment that sits on top. I mostly used my computer for this card - in fact the red oblongs and the backing paper are the only things from my craft stash!

I'm not convinced that I like my design....I'm not sure what is it about it....maybe the colour combo isn't quite right?? What do you think?

Anyway, I better get making my lovely Boyfriend his Valentine's card......he starts his new job in MOTest in Farnham tomorrow.....so just in case he stops by here I'll wish him luck! Go get them baby!

Thanks for stopping by, there will be more cards and ramblings very soon!
Wedgie xxx

9 comments:

Christine said...

Hi great fun musical card love it thanks for joining us at SCSC this wk.

Hugs Christine xx

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card. The image is adorable and the papers are perfect. Glad you enjoyed using Kathrin's sketch. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Dotty Jo said...

Great fun! Jo x

Cathy said...

Great card.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fantastic

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Kruemel said...

What a beautiful valentine´s card - love that saying!
Great take on my sketch.

Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the papers.
luv
Debby

Mel X said...

Fabulous take on the challenges, love all the elements and your unique style. Brilliant.

Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC and good luck in the draw

Mel X

Liza said...

A gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x