My Design Teams

Friday 15 January 2010

Wish me luck....

.....I am sitting here waiting for my lift down to meet my Brownie Pack...where I will then get on a coach with 18 of the little darlings and head off to meet up with approximately 5000 other little darlings for a weekend of fun as part of the centenary celebrations!

Yes, you did read correctly....5000 little Brownies.....obviously they are not all my responsibility and there will be other adults there, including 3 other leaders from my pack...but its still a daunting thought!

To clam my nerves before I go I decided to do a little crafting! As it was Thursday yesterday I popped over to Cute Card Thursday's blog to read about this week's challenge. Last week was a very popular challenge...they had over 300 entries! Amazing! This week they want projects with a pink and grey colour scheme. I love the DT designs, pink and grey is quite a romantic combination I think. Take a peek here: http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2010/01/challenge-95-pink-grey.html


So, I put my thinking hat on and driven by the notion that its quite a romantic colour combo I started looking for inspiration and came up with this wedding card...

I found inspiration for this design in an old craft magazine and I just tweaked it slightly, using vellum as well as paper.

I started with my card blank and stuck down a square of plain, light grey paper. On top of this I added a slightly smaller square of vellum to give a pattern to the card. The next layer is lighter pink paper, still in a square, but smaller still. I then added a darker pink rectangle which is wrapped in the same vellum as I had used ealier.

Next I created the printed words on the computer - i've typed various romantic quotes and sayings in white ink in a light grey square. This I cut into a rectangle and added on top of the other paper. I then cut out two mini hearts out of the light grey paper and added them with a little sparkly dot.

I think this gives a very romantic little card, perfect for a wedding.

Anyway, I better head off now...my lift awaits. Wish me luck!

Wedgie xx

1 comment:

Deb said...

gorgeous card, love the soft subtle tones,many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge this week, hugs Debx