My Design Teams

Saturday 9 January 2010

Weird experience.....

......I have been stuck at my boyfriend's for most of this week...stranded by all the white stuff!! I have been cut off from the internet and separated from my craft stash (I knew I needed to refill the goodies that I keep at his, but I kept forgetting!!). I have had the last chapter of a book and daytime TV to keep me going! My knee is still not happy at the moment, so I had to stay indoors!! It has been a slightly depressing week, and I thought that come today when I was reunited with all my crafting items that I would be rearing to go.

Image my disappointment to realise that my heart's just not in it today!

Its one of those days.....I've pottered around doing not much really, and half heartedly trying to make cards. Its a bit weird to be honest! I'm blaming the snow (and my dodgy knee), I just want to curl up in bed and try and keep warm....or I want to stuff my face with comfort food all day! Neither of these things are particularly productive though!

Anyway, thats my moaning out of the way......I have managed to make one card that is worthy of sharing....and it fits in with a couple of card challenges which always makes me happy!


Over on Cute Card Thursday they have a challenge called "All New!" and they want to see cards with a new theme.....I opted for the new stash option and used a new present topper that I have been given for Christmas (part of a set). The DT have come up with some fab examples to inspire you: http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2010/01/challenge-94-all-new.html

The layout I have used for this card comes from Mina at Truly Scrumptious Challenges. Its the first time I have visited this blog and I love it! Check out the DT examples for this challenge: http://trulyscrumptiouschallenges.blogspot.com/2010/01/challenge-23_05.html. As well as the layout they gave an extra optional challege of using pink, green and black as the colour scheme......not sure what happened...I seem to have missed the green out! Whoops!

For the card I used a black and white funky flowers backing paper, along with some bring pink card squares. I then used two circles - the bottom one is a hatched vellum and that is topped with a circle of handmade paper. I added the present topper and some little flowers for a girlie touch!

I'm hoping that tomorrow I will get my mojo back and will be maling cards all day...but for now I think I hear my bed calling!

Just before I go....one last thing....HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEREE! Hope you had a fab day Hun! xx

Thanks for stopping by,
Wedgie xxx

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Great card! I love the black and white paper you used - the card looks fab without the green! Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

Sheree said...

Thanks! I had a fab birthday! x

Mina said...

fab card...really pretty and girly looking...thank you for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx