My Design Teams

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Hearts and Flowers...

.....isn't it lovely that its not yet 5pm and yet its still kinda light outside...it puts me in such a better mood when the evenings start getting that little bit lighter...it makes me feel like I can go home after work and actually do something with my spare time. The darkness of winter just makes me want to curl up somewhere warm!

Today I found a lovely challenge on the Allsorts Challenge Blog, which I found when surfing the internet. Their blog is so gorgeous and colourful and they run weekly papercraft challenges on a Saturday. This week they would like projects that include hearts and flowers, and the DT have come up with some lovely ideas - take a peek here. So without further ado here is my card:

I've used the hearts and flowers theme, but steered away from the obvious Valentines images and instead plumped for a colourful girlie Birthday card. I've used a square white square, which has a layer of bright pink paper on it. I then used a gorgeous new flowery paper from the Forever Friends range, it comes in their Pink Parfait paper pack. I just love the blues and pinks. I then created a little cupcake out of paper and decorated that with mini heart punches. I decided on a blue sentiment to match the blue flowers on the backing paper.

While I was making this card I thought about this week's Cupcake Craft Challenge where they are asking for a matching set - it can be anything...a card and bookmark maybe or a card and gift tag. Take a look at the lovely DT designs here. I've never really made a matching set before, thats far too organised for me!! So I decided to give it a go and came up with this little tag to go with my card.......

I've used exactly the same papers as before and the cupcake is made up in the same way too. I've simply layered them slightly differently and attached a ribbon to the top.

I don't know about you, but I think they make quite a cute pair! A nod towards spring perhaps??

Thanks for stopping by, I'll see you soon....
Wedgie xxx


5 comments:

brenda said...

Hi there

Love the sentiment, great excuse to eat cake and a very pretty card.

Thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts.

B x

Sheree said...

Ahh, great matching set. Very clever!
x

Lisa said...

Hi, These are so sweet!

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Lisa x

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful matching set. The image is so cute and your colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x