My Design Teams

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Be still my racing heart......

.....I've well and truly got caught up with this Valentine lark and we're still in January!!  I don't know about you, but I can't believe it's the 20th of this month already!! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!


Anyway, I wanted to show you this cute little card that I made before my Brownie meeting tonight (every minute counts!!)

It looks slightly better in real life - the scanner has decided to highlight my bad colouring and the sticky tabs I used to secure the vellum - neither of these show up when you've got the card in your hand!! Very weird!

I've used a square white card  as the base and secured a square of deep red backing paper on top of that. I then cut a piece of dotty vellum that sits across the whole card at the bottom. After that I got creative and drew my cute little heart runner on white paper and attached that to a square of black paper before adding it to the rest of the card. I've then embellished with two shiny red hearts, onto which I've added tiny red buttons (couldn't resist the buttons!). My sentiment reads "You make my heart race!", I created this on my computer.

I am pleased with how this card turned out.....the theme of red hearts came from the latest Caardvarks challenge. Take a look at their fab DT designs here I just love how different all the cards look!

The fab layout has come from the new Truly Scrumptious challenge, if you take a peek here you'll see the sketch that Nicole has created. To be honest I was a little daunted when I first saw it, but after looking at the gorgeous cards created by the DT I was encouraged to give it a go myself!

Before I go I want to share something that I heard on breakfast telly this morning which made me smile. Prince William is currently visiting Australia and as part of his visit he has met some children who asked him questions. There were different questions about his nan living in a castle and how much money he has. However my favourite one was whether he has a sword - beacuse he's a prince! It just reminded me how innocent children are and made me think that maybe children should be allowed to interview famous people - we'd probably find the answers to all the buring questions that no adult would ask!

Anyway, I want an early night tonight so I'll bid you farewell.
Thanks for stopping by,
Wedgie xxx

4 comments:

Heather said...

This is so cute, love the co-ordinating sentiment.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

Anonymous said...

Super cute, I love that you've made your own design :-)

cats whiskers said...

This is just so cute dear, a perfect creation
Hugs Jacqui x

Amy C said...

So very cute!!