My Design Teams

Tuesday 5 January 2010

I'm a card making weirdo!

Morning everyone - I've made an overnight discovery.....I think I might just need a doctor's opinion, but I'm pretty sure that I might be obsessed with crafting!! After I posted last night and did some Tweeting, I then found myself hunting for more card challenges to do....thinking to myself that I'd write them down and complete them over the next week.......then I found one that I really liked.....and you guessed it.....I started making the card!! It was 11:30pm and there I was in my PJs making another card! I'm mad! The central heating was cooling down, my cosy bed was calling out to me....I couldn't feel my toes....and yet I carried on making away! What a weirdo!

Anyway, I'm pleased to share with you my latest make, which was design to fit in with the card challenge over at the Caardvarks blog - since my success with the last sketch card I decided to challenge myself and make another...luckily thats the challenge: http://caardvarks.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-new-year.html The sketch was a nice simple one and the DT have produced amazing cards - each one so different, but all using the same sketch in one way or another - take a peek!


I've followed their sketch exactly, using a pre-printed Papermania card for the green backing, I then layered a piece of plain blue paper on top. I created the scalloped edge by cutting by hand (hence the little wonky look!). I've used mini flowers with a Papermania gem in the centre and tiny buttons as the embellishments, and a pre-printed sentiment which I cut to size. Finally I used some trusty glitter glue to make the little lines (slightly wonky once again!).

Anyway, just a short post this morning...but watch this space...there are plenty more card challenges out there for me to get stuck into!

Hope you have a good day and thanks for stopping by.
Wedgie xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet card! Thanks for playing along ;-)

Yvonne Randall said...

Sounds a bit like me really. No weird, just a cardmaker. It's fun to be creative.

yvonne

Amy C said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at Caardvarks.