My Design Teams

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Stylish Birthday Wishes

Evening All....I can't believe I haven't blogged since last Friday! Spent the weekend at my boyfriends and he still hasn't sorted out his internet connection!! Honestly!!

Anyway, here I am...the knee is still dodgy, I'm still not driving, but at least I'm still crafting away! I had dinner with my friend last night - she cooked me chicken in black bean sauce with rice...very nice indeed....the rice was rather interesting though...looked a bit like mash as her hubbie told her! Nevertheless is was lovely - thanks Sheree!

So, another week and another challenge.....over at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge they have set a colour theme challenge this week....and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it....purples and greens...fab! Anyone who knows me knows I love the colour purple and to add a dash of green is just brilliant! Take a look at the wonderful DT designs here, just gorgeous! Lorna is you're reading take a peek because there is the cutest little tortoise card there!


For my birthday celebrations one year I went out clubbing in a long light green dress, which I accessorised with amazing purple shoes - I tried to find a decent photo to show you the outfit, but all the photos were so awful, and I had quite clearly had a drink or two in most of them....ha, ha nice trip down memory lane though!

Anyway, here is my card for the challenge - kinda inspired by my previous birthday outfit.....

I've used a white square card for this one, topped with gorgeous dark purple card and then a green backing paper. I've used purple ribbon and green and purple buttons to accessories, along with a mini purple dress which I have cut out of the same purple card as before.

The perfect card for your stylish friend!

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow with some more things to share....in the meantime why don't you hunt out some old photos of yourself...take a trip down memory lane...it'll make you smile!

Thanks for stopping by,
Wedgie xxx

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Lovely!
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Mel X said...

TeeHeeeHee, sounds like you got a bit sloshed then on yer birthday! All went according to plan then LOL. Glad you had a fab time and am sure you still looked good! Fabulous little card. Love the dress and the papers. Great take on the photo inspiration challenge, thanks for joining us this week. Good luck in the draw!

Mel X

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the sassy dress.
luv
Debby

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x