My Design Teams

Thursday 9 June 2011

Sketch Time!

Hello campers, how are you today?

I have a little card that I'd like to share with you today, this is based on a wonderful old sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday.....


...isn't it a cute sketch? Check out the SSW blog to see how the DT have used this sketch on their fab cards!

I hope you like the sentiment...its a bit long, but I think its fab! It comes from a book of sayings that I've got on display in my room at mum's place. I love flipping through it, as they all make me smile!

Now, I've been practising with my Promarkers again and created this card with this week's challenge at Passion for Promarkers in mind. This week they have a colour combo theme - blue and brown (or you can opt for pink and brown). Pop over to their blog and see all their gorgeous creations. While I'm thinking about my Promakers I'd love to ask you all some advice - what card and ink do you use when stamping images that you'll colour with your Promarkers? Any advice will be gratefully recieved!

One last thing I have to share with you all is my latest bake.....well it wouldn't be one of my posts without a little cake action!! These are lemon cupcakes made with lemon juice and rind - they taste delicious! I wanted to make pretty cakes and so spent a bit of time on my icing - flooding the cake first and then adding the detail!
Thanks for popping by my blog today, its lovely to read your comments. Don't forget to pop back on Saturday to see my first official challenge at Sweet Stampin....I'm soooo excited!!!

Wedgie xxx

14 comments:

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous hun..! great image and super colouring sweetie..and those cakes look delish too..yum yum..!

hugs Vicky xx

Kathie said...

Hi Wedgie, Love your card this week what a great image and your design papers and colours work perfectly. Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week and good luck.
Kathie SSW-DT
P.S Your baking looks lovely as usual re stamping images well I hardly stamp now days I mostly use digital images. The one of the best to buy is Black Ink call Memento Tuxedo Black and it doesn't run or smudge and dries quickly. You can also heat set your ink that you have just stamped if you have a heat embossing gun or use you blow wave drier for your hair.
Hope this helps.
Kathie

Fleur said...

A fantatsic card, the image is just perfect
HUGZ Fleur xXx

mulberry station said...

Oh Wedgie, I think this is one of my favorites that you have made. Great color scheme and I love your image. In fact, I think she looks like you. That is what I thought of first when I saw your card. You, baking away in your kitchen. And your cupcakes look divine! Hope you and your mom are doing well. Take Care!!
Hugs, Nancy

sweetbloominscraps said...

Adorable card, Wedgie! I think this image looks like you. I can envision you in your kitchen making those yummy lemon cupcakes! Yum yum! Great job on your card!
Judi SSW DT

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh one of my favorite cards of your. Great job!!!! I love the paper and then theres those yummy lemon cupcakes. Have a sweet week. Arlana@SSW!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Super adorable! Is that you in the kitchen with the wine ;)

Those cupcakes look fabulous - I could totally go for one of those right now!!

Deanne :)

Linda Anderson said...

YUM - for both the card and the cakes!!!! You are amazing Wedgie!!! You never miss a week and always come up with such wonderful cards!! Thanks again for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Jeannie said...

She looks like you! What an absolutely fun and funky card - love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

melody said...

fabulous card chickie ~ love that image..and what a kewl sentiment! and oh..those cupcakes look yummy! wuv lemon ~ yum!

Genevieve said...

Another fab card Wedgie! I love the colour combo & your cupcakes look delicious. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve SSW DT

Julie said...

Great card - what a lovely image!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at PFP this week, Juliexx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, love the image... your cakes look yummy too! Thanks for joining us at PFP :o) Lisa x

Sharon Basel said...

Wedgie this is fantastic and I think one of your best ever cards in the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge. Congratulations on winning this week - you are so deserving of it! I always look forward to your entries at SSW and reading your blog each week. And I have to say I love your new blog background - how clever it is with all the cards you've created!
Hugs,
Sharon :)