My Design Teams

Monday 13 June 2011

The simpliest male birthday card there's ever bean!!

Evening Folks!

Hope you're all keeping well. I've got a quick card to share with you this evening...a lot of challenges at the moment are asking for Father's Day cards and if I'm honest I'm really not looking forward to Sunday....I still can't quite believe he's not here anymore. Luckily I've found a couple of challenges that have simply asked for masculine cards......so here you go.....


I decided to go with a clean and simple card, with a contemporary feel. I've seen this cute sentiment recently and thought it was fab for a male card....not too cutesy....but funny....well it made me smile! I've kept it simple using a green baking paper, which I've given a distressed look to. I printed the sentiment on my computer, and backed it with a little orange card to make it pop. I then made my beans! Once again I've gone a little Blue Peter on you all....yes you've guessed it...those are my thumb prints! I added the details using black pen.

I'm entering this card in the challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenges and Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - both blogs have called for male cards this week. Pop over to both blogs to see their wonderful DT cards...lots of inspiration there!


Joe took me to Brighton on Saturday afternoon.....it was cold and windy....but I kept up tradition and went for a (very quick) paddle in the sea! Dad would have been proud!
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxxx

7 comments:

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, This card is very beautiful, creative and good,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Brodders said...

Gret thumbprint baked bean men :) Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake. Good luck x

downrightcrafty said...

hiya hun
great male card thank you for sharing with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

Rachel Izakowicz said...

how clever to use your thumb for those beans!! Great card - thanks for playing at Cupcake this week x

Faye said...

What a fun male card. I love all the beans!! Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. x

Helen said...

Fab men's card!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

An Occasional Genius said...

You're as daft as me lol! I have to paddle at every visit to the beach regardless of weather!!