My Design Teams

Thursday 2 June 2011

A bit of a girlie Birthday card for my brother-in-law!

Whoops! I was making a 30th Birthday card for my Brother-in-law Jim and look what happened......

It's ended up a tad bit girlie! Ha, ha! I meant it to be a masculine green card, but the girlie in me seemed to escape! Still, Jim loves cats (he and Lorna have just got new kittens) and he loves cake!

Isn't the layout for this card fab....guess where it came from...yes, you're right Sweet Sketch Wednesday! Its a fab sketch to follow and I really enjoyed putting this card together, pop over to their blog to see how the DT ladies used it.

Did you read my exciting news yesterday? I'm soooo chuffed, I'm going to be chatting about it for ages!

Finally I've got some more baking to share with you....hope you're ready for rumbly tummies....I can vouch that these butter biscuits are very tasty!

I decided I wanted to make pretty biscuits.....and discovered that not only can I not cut out circles from paper, but I also can't ice them on biscuits! Hee, hee!

Happy 30th Birthday Jim!

Thanks for popping by today, hope to see you again soon!
Wedgie xxx

9 comments:

Arlana 11426 said...

What sweet kitten image. Love your fun sweet colors and added cupcakes. Make it so perfect.I love this sweet card. Will have to go read your exciting news. Have a sweet week. Arlana@SSW!!!

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Wedgie. A great big shout out of congrats for your DT position!!!!!!!! How wonderful! And what a super sweet card here!! Love the cats all in a row meowing happy birthday! Thanks for joining us this week at SSW.

Linda

mulberry station said...

Oh wow, Wedgie, good for you!!! Congrats on your DT position. Your card this week so soo cute. It makes me smile all over. I love the cupcakes and your singing cats! Your biscuits look pretty yummy too. I wouldn't mind having one right now. Hugs, Nancy

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Wedgie, First I want to congratulate you on your DT position! Your card this week is adorable too. I love those kittens! I think your pink is just fine as I have never seen a guy pass up pink frosting on a cookie or cupcake so it should be fine on a card! Your little cookies look so yummy! Hugs! Judi SSW DT

Kathie said...

Wow congratulations Wedgie, on your new DT position!!! I do hope you'll still join us each week at SSW??? I do love your brother in laws card it just so sweet I love this image of the cats. Love the colours they're not too girlie at all. Great job and thank so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Kathie SSW-DT
P.S Yummy cookies I must send you those recipies.

Jackie Randolph said...

Woooohoooooo, Congratulations on your DT position so happy for ya!! Love this cute little BD card!! Those cats are just too darn cute!! I am sure you BIL is going to love it. Now you do have me hankering for some sweets now after seeing those yummy looking biscuits!!
Have a great week and thanks for sharing your fun card with us at SSW.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Congrats hun - totally well deserved!!!! Love your card for your brother in law - every guy can handle a little pink right??? Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Jeannie said...

What a hoot and your BIL will love it, pink and all! As always, you're making my sweet tooth come alive with those tempting cookies!

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

Hip hip hooray! So happy for you Wedgie on the Sweet Stampin' DT! Another terrific card - love the cats and you did a fab job with the sketch. The cupcake circles are the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us again at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Hugs,
Sharon :)