My Design Teams

Friday 3 June 2011

Catching Up on some challenges!

Morning All!

I'm lucky enough to have today off work as its my best friend Becca's Birthday tomorrow and I am meeting her later for a girlie afternoon.....a bit of lunch and some shopping are in order! So, this morning I decided to do some baking....no surpries there.....and make some cards. I haven't really had that much time to make cards recently, so I decided to get stuck in on some challenges.

First off I have a dinky little card for my two favourite weekend challenges.....Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and Allsorts....


I love making little cards, this one measures 4inches by 4 inches - so cute! The challenge over at SCSC is "clean and simple".....I think this fits the bill perfectly....a cute little image, a sentiment and a little colour. The Allsorts challenge is "Things with Wings", I hope they like my bee! Pop over to both blogs and check out all the gorgeous DT cards, be quick though because there will be new challenges tomorrow!

My second card is a masculine card to fit in with the challenge over at Simon Says Samp...which this week is either Father's Day or Masculine. After loosing my dad so recently I don't think I'll be making any father's day cards this year, so I opted for "masculine". I've also decided to enter this card in the challenge over at Passion for Promarkers which has a sports theme this week. This is the first time I've entered a challenge there, but I've practised with my promarkers for a couple of months now and decided to give it a go.....after all nothing ventured, nothing gained! The only thing I haven't used Promarkes to colour is my golfers face....I haven't got my skin tone pens yet and had to use a trusty pencil....I hope thats ok with the Promarker DT! Don't forget to pop over to both of these blogs, there are some gorgeous cards to be seen!

The white blob in the corner of the card is supposed to be a golf ball.....looking at it now I'm not so sure! And I hope you like the sentiment - I love play on words on cards, anything to make people smile!

One last thing I wanted to share with you today is a photo of my latest buy for the kitchen....I'm very sad, but these beautiful glass jars for my flour and sugar make me happy when I look in my baking cupboard! They are actually preserving jars, but hey I think they look fab anyway...they even have "home made" etched on them!
Thanks for popping by today, don't forget to pop back tomorrow when I'll tell you all about this week's challenge over at Sweet Stampin!

Wedgie xxx

12 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Such wonderful cards Wedgie. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Rach, firstly welcome to our challenge! Your card is fantastic. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

brenda said...

Two super cards Rachel, love the simplistic elegance of the first and I think the golfball in the corner of the second looks very realistic.

Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining our "Clean & Simple" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Wedgie :-) both are lovely and the 'white blob' looks just like a golf ball ,,, very creative !!
the storage jars look good too,, maybe you could decorate them ?? !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Tracy said...

Great cards Wedgie, thanks for joining us at PfP this week, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

An Occasional Genius said...

Ooh lucky you with a day off, hope you've had a fab time with your friend. Both great cards, it took me a while to enter at ILP the DT are just so good!! My colouring still isn't up to that standard but it improves all the time with practice! Nothing ventured, nothing gained as you say xx

Fleur said...

Fab cards, I especially love the cute bee
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Vicky said...

Two gorgeous card hunni...I love them both!

have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

Mummylade said...

This is a lovely creation, thank you so much for entering it in the Allsorts challenge and good luck.

Wishcraft said...

Great cards. I think the golf ball looks fab! Thanks for joining us at PFP :o) Lisa x

debby4000 said...

Oh this what cute cards love the images you've used.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby