My Design Teams

Saturday 4 June 2011

Playing in the Summer Sun!

Hello everyone! Well, hopefully its Saturday morning....I've scheduled this post because after celebrating Becca's Birthday on Friday evening I think I'll probably still be fast asleep when this goes live!

Sooo, this is exciting! Its not technically my week to make a card over at Sweet Stampin, but I couldn't resist joining in with the fun! The theme this week is "Playing in the Summer Sun" and Team Fi have designed some fab cards for you....pop over to the Sweet Stampin blog and take a peek at all their gorgeous cards! Here is my card....


I've had this image for ages, I was kindly given it by someone, but I've never known what to use it on. When I saw this weeks theme and was looking through my images I thought this would be perfect for a little girl on the beach.....now I know its really sunny at the moment, but my memories of UK beach holidays as a child involved wearing quite a lot of clothes! I've used sandpaper in the background of my card for texture, and I've used yellows and blues for a summer feel. I also made my little beach go-er a bucket and spade, well a trip to the beach wouldn't be right without a bucket and spade!

We're very lucky to have Prairie Fairy Designs join us at Sweet Stampin as our monthly sponsor in June and this week's challenge sponsor is Lili of the Valley. Check out the Sweet Stampin blog to see the fab prizes on offer.

So what are you waiting for? Get stampin and join in the fun!

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww this is so cute, love your stamp xxx

Faye said...

Oh what a faberoony card and the bucket is such a great touch. Have a delish weekend. xxx

Teresa said...

It's gorgeous, really summery, love it!
Teresa xx

An Occasional Genius said...

*whispering* Morning hon, hope you had a good night out! Love your card, the use of sandpaper is fab. You're right, no trip to the beach is complete without bucket & spade, although we have ended up with quite a collection over the years from forgetting them!! xx

Jennifer said...

This is really sweet! xx Jenny xx

Genevieve said...

Very sweet Wedgie! I'm hoping to play along with this challenge. Hope your well :)

Genevieve

Fiona said...

hey Rachel...fabby card...that little bucket and spade just sets it off!!

Fi
x

jengd said...

Cute! How can you go wrong using sandpaper on a beachy scene... except that it destroys anything you cut it with. :) Thanks for stopping by!