My Design Teams

Monday 27 June 2011

Cooking up a storm!

Hello There! How are you today?

Well, I survived another Brownie pack holiday and I've taken today off work to recover. We spent all weekend with our pack in a lovely activity centre, set in the middle of a field. The weather behaved, we did lots of activites and everyone had a fab time! I'm very proud to say I got a gold at archery! Now I'm baking for tomorrow's cake sale at work...my biscuit dough is chilling and my coffee cupcakes are in the fridge. I'm hoping to raise a lot more money for Marie Curie this week.

Talking of baking...the challenge this week over at Cupcake Craft Challenge is "Cooking up a storm!"....they want to see cards with a cooking theme. One of my work friend's has just made her daughter's wedding cake, and I made her this card just before the wedding...

I wanted a pretty card...and I just love that rose backing paper, its so sweet and perfect for this card. My little pinny is made out of paper scraps and ribbon. I added a little white faux stitching to the blue backing paper and the sentiment which I created on my computer. Pop over to the cupcake blog to see all the gorgeous DT cards.

I also have some really exciting news....I've found a flat. I've wanted to move out of my mum's dining room for a while now....I was only ever supposed to be there for 6 months (its 4 years and 2 months later now!!). Its a lovely little flat close to Joe, overlooking a beautiful courtyard with lots of cats! The best bit is the huge kitchen!! I'm picking up the keys next weekend, so its all go, go, go at the moment! How exciting!

Well, thank you for popping by today, its lovely to see you.
Wedgie xxx

10 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Gold at archery, remind me not to get on the wrong side of you lol!!

Great news about your flat, how fantastic for you!! Hope your Mum won't be too lonely though... Hope the cakes are going well, good luck for tomorrow.

Love the card, very you!! xx

Tracey T said...

You've been a busy lady! Congrats on the successful Brownie weekend and on finding your flat! You must be so excited and I'm really, really pleased for you. Love the apron on your card btw! Tracey xx

Vicky said...

Big congrats on the new flat hun...and just think of all the crafty space..lol..!

Love the card sweetie...and great dp's too..!

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Super cute. Love the apron.
Hugs
Tanya

Unknown said...

Huge congrats on your new flat wedgie!! How fun!!! Love your card too! Looks absolutly fabulous!! Mmm...youv'e been baking cupcakes...mmm..sounds delious!!! Have a great day! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs & SUnshine!/Sari

Cheryl said...

What a pretty card! I love the papers you used.



--Cheryl--
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

Shelly said...

HI Wedgie! What a fab card... I love the apron! Huge congrats on your flat... it sounds wonderful! Hope the cake sale went well! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake, hugs Shelly x

Faye said...

Hiya Wedgie. Hope you're doing ok. Love the pretty papers you've put together and the fab apron. The faux stitching is a perfecto touch. Have a great weekend. xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Rach, what a fantastic card. I love the cute little apron and papers. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Tracey said...

This is so pretty & feminine :)
Hugs
Tracey
x