My Design Teams

Monday 20 June 2011

I can't think of a post title!!!!

Hello there...hope you had a fab weekend. Mine was busy and emotional, but good.

This week's challenge over at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge is brilliant....I was spoilt for choice when making my card really! Their theme is "something from around the home"...basically you need an image showing something you'd find in a home...how cool!

I decided to opt for a bath in the end...I love this new stamp, its fun to use and I think it looks fab too!

I've used a fun polka dot backing paper, along with some lovely mauve paper to give a real girlie feel to the card. I've coloured the image using my Promarkers, and I added a little sparkle to the bubbles using my trusty stickles! I'm pleased to say that I really like this card...yes, shock horror you heard me right...I was just openly positive about one of my cards!!

Check out the SCSC challenge to see all the wonderful DT cards this week.

My sister Lorna and I are hosting a Great Blooming Tea Party in Lorna's garden in July. As you know we're partial to hosting the odd afternoon tea and so this appeal is right up our street....in fact I think we've probably got a little carried away with the guest list....if everyone turns up for tea and homemade cake we'll raise a lot of money...but I think we'll also run out of chairs! We've set the date (Saturday 9th July) and the invites have been sent, now we're planning the decor and food (we want it to have a vintage feel). I'm really looking forward to it - please keep your fingers crossed for good weather on that day!!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Wedgie xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - how gorgeous and bubbly. Really cute card, and love the pink bubbly back ground paper too!

Take care
Rachel and Angela
Rainbow Studio's Clear Craft Stamps
xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Wedgie,
Glad to hear you had such fun with this challenge & I love the result. Great image & the polka dot paper goes perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Dawn said...

Hi Wedgie, Fun, girly card, love the paper, goes so well with the cute image. Love the sparkly accents too. Hugs, Dawn