My Design Teams

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Saying it with flowers.....and no images!

Evening Folks!

Well another day has flown by! I was supposed to go for a run when I got home this evening, but somehow I got distracted by my craft desk! Whoops!

I have a couple of cards I'd like to share with you this evening...the first is a Mother's Day card featuring flowers....


I've used a pretty green backing paper, along with some flowery paper. My flowers have been stamped twice and coloured. I've used the first stamp on the bottom for the leaves and I cut the flowers out of the second stamp and attached them with 3D sticky pads to add some depth. I've made this card for the "say it with flowers" challenge over at Allsorts and the "for the girls" challenge over at Papertake Weekly.

Now anyone who has popped by my blog before will know how much I love my sentiments....anything that makes me chuckle is good for my cards! Thats why the "no image, just words" challenge at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week is right up my street! And here is my card...


Yep, I know I'm slightly obsessed with this Martha Stewart punch...but its soooo pretty!! So, did I make you giggle?? I'd normally add a pair of knickers to a card featuring this sentiment, but as I can't use an image I decided to focus on making the card pretty....the punched border also kind of reminds me of knicker elastic!!

Pop by all the blogs mentioned to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been made!

Thanks for popping by today, I'll be back later this week with some more cards!
Wedgie xxx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Wedgie , thanks for you kind comments on my lemon. Take care. Hugs Elaine

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful pretty card. Love the backing papers and sentiment.
Diane xx

Kim said...

Love, Love the sentiment, really made me smile. Also the flower card very pretty!

downrightcrafty said...

Beautiful creation, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)

brenda said...

Now I know exactly why I don't walk a straight line Wedgie, all make sense at last !

Two great cards, great sentiments on the second but it's the lovely colour combo on the first that jump right out at me.

Thanks so much for joining in our Say it with Flowers theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

Colette said...

Hi Wedgie,

Brilliant cards, love the knickers one!! Yes, it did make me giggle. I know what you mean about the punch and knicker elastic!
Ooh, got a Versatile Blogger award waiting for you over at my place http://cosmicstrawberry-colette.blogspot.com/

Take care, and look forward to seeing more of your cards:)

Colette x

Ribbon Girl said...

like the knickers comment - thanks for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x