My Design Teams

Thursday 27 January 2011

Chocolate!

I love chocolate...in my opinion you can never have too much of it! I'm not really a fan of white chocolate because it tends to be a bit too creamy for me...but I love milk chocolate and dark chocolate....and most things chocolate flavoured! Saying that I'm not a huge fan of Easter eggs...the chocolate always seems a bit fake!

Anyway, inspired by this thought and the sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week I created this card....

The sketch is very cute and fun to use....I love those cute little circles! Hey, what can I say...I'm easily pleased! I've used pinks, creams and browns for this card. The stamp is one I've had for a while, but I never really use...not sure why...it always makes me smile! Check out all the DT cards on the SSW blog - they're all so gorgeous!


I've also been practicing my iced roses as I'm teaching the Guides how to make them in a couple of weeks time. They're quite easy to make, but look fab! These ones are quite small and really need to be a bit thiner to make them look more delicate.

Right, I better get going...I'm making biscuits this evening. By popular request I'm making more iced ring biscuits!

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

9 comments:

sweetbloominscraps said...

You gave me a good smile on that one! No need to quit now anyway! Great job on your frosting flowers! Your cupcakes look yummy too! Thanks for joining us each week at SSW!
Judi SSW DT

mulberry station said...

I am smiling a chukling too Wedgie. Your card is so cute! I love the sentiment. That is me all the way. You just have to love chocolate!! Right!
Thanks for sharing your cupcakes and frosting flowers. I make wedding cakes. If you get a minute sometime, look around my bloga and you can see some of the cakes I have made. I am so glad you are teaching your girls who to decorate. That is wonderful!
Nancy SSW

Linda Anderson said...

Well you are a lady of many talents Wedgie!!! Love your roses on your cupcakes. I took a cake decorating class and failed miserably when it came time to make those flowers...better stick to cards!!!! Speaking of cards, yours is fabulous!! You're so right, chocolate is a wonderful thing! Thanks for joining us this and every week at SSW!!!

Linda

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh Wedgie. I love your color combo this week. That image is just too sweet. Yea I love chocolate. Thanks so much for the sweet comments you always leave on my blog. You icing flowers so fun. Thanks for sharing. Arlana @SSW!!!

Jeannie said...

Hehehe....not that I can relate or anything! Great job with this week's sketch and I love your icing roses - they are just beautiful!

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kathie said...

Hi Wedgie, great card love your image that would be perfect for my best friend who is a Chochoholic and as skinny as a rake. Love your colours they look great together. Love your little rose I made them for my Wedding Cake.
Thanks so much for joining us this week and sharing your card at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such an adorable card Wedgie - love the color combo! And your cupcakes like delish - your flowers are perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I meant LOOK DELISH! LOL

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh Wedgie this is absolutely a fun card!! Your image is adorable!! I love what you did for the embellishments!! Did you save me one of those ice biscuits oh my they look delish!!! Makes my mouth water!! YUM!!

Good to visit you and thanks for supporting us at SSW!

Hugs
Jackie