My Design Teams

Thursday 8 July 2010

No cards allowed!

Evening all - isn't it lovely and hot today...not that you'd know it my ice box office at work!

First off I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's get well soon wishes. Its so lovely to log on and read them all. I'm pleased to say that I am feeling much better now...summer bugs are not nice!

Right, on to a brilliant challenge from my favourite card challenge blog the Creative Cottage. This week it's the turn of the lovely Tracy to set the challenge and she has set a fab one......as my post title suggests...she wants projects that do not include cards! Now for a card maker that's a bit of a toughie! If you're stuck for ideas on this one, pop over to their blog and take a peek at the brilliant DT designs!

Here is what I went with.....

.......a yummy cake recipe card (it's not a greetings card honest - there is no inside!)...the perfect gift for a cake baking loving friend! I have to admit I was a little stumped to begin with, so I took a look around the Creative Cottage blog for some inspiration and came across the July freebie. The lovely paper and cupcake image gave me the inspiration for this recipe card.

I've used layers of pink card, the paper and image from the freebie set, a yummy cake recipe that I've used a million times and some sparkly dots for a little kitchen glamour! Perfect for a Birthday pressie.....or even a just because pressie!

There is also a DT call at Creative Cottage which I've entered....I love their blog and it would be brilliant if I could be part of their team...wish me luck!

Right, I was a little naughty at lunchtime today...my feet somehow took me into a local craft department and somehow I accidently bought some new clear stamps! Whoops! So, I'm off now to put them to good use!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Wedgie xxx

5 comments:

Suzie McFloozy said...

Fantastic use of the freebie - perfect x
Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge blog this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Becky said...

Wow! I love this Wedgiw!! All you need now is the yummy cupcake to eat he he!!
A great take on the 'No Cards Allowed' Challenge!! Good luck with the DT call!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cotatge!!
Love Becky xx

Shelly said...

Hello Wedgie! What a great idea to do a recipe card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage and good luck! Glad to hear you're feeling better! Hugs Shelly ;)

Tracy said...

wow this is fabulous and such a great idea, love how you have used the freebie! So pleased you are feeling much better, sorry i havnt been to your blog lately its been very hectic here. hope you have a great weekend and thanks for joining in with this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge, Tracy x

Teri said...

What a fabulous idea! Great use for the freebie this month too.
Thanks for playing along at The Creative Cottage this time.
Hugs,
Teri x