My Design Teams

Friday 16 January 2015

Feeling a bit crafty...

Hello there....me again...three times in one week...it's a record!

You know....the brilliant thing about working from home is that my desk is located in my craft room....so as soon as I log off from work I can make a card or get the sewing machine out without too much fuss. It's quite a therapeutic way to end the working day too - I am very lucky!

And that is exactly what has happened this evening, I have logged off my work computer and decided to get a bit creative, celebrating one of my other crafty passions .....


Now some of you might know that I love all kinds of crafting, and recently I treated myself to a brand new sewing machine. I'm now wondering why I didn't get a new one sooner, as I have been using a really old hand me down from my mum which has definitely seen better days! 

This weekend I want to complete a small sewing project to get some practise in before I start on a dressing pattern that I bought a while ago. I also have a knicker making kit which I might try out!!

I have used a combination of plain brown paper and some really pretty green and pink papers that I have recently bought - aren't they cute? My Digi Stamp Boutique images have been coloured with my Promarkers and I have added a little faux stitching with a white pen to carry on the theme. The pin cushion has been attached using 3D sticky pads (as demonstrated by the shadows!).

I'm really pleased with this girly card, I think I will send it to one of my friends who also loves sewing.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations - anything goes
Crafty Sentiments - girly
I love Promarkers - hobbies (I love this theme so much!)
Digi Stamp Boutique - monthly competition

If you get the change pop by all these gorgeous blogs and take a peek at the fab DT cards that have been created!

Hopefully I'll see you again tomorrow as we have a fab new challenge for you over at Sweet Stampin challenge blog....and if you want to get a start on your 2015 Christmas cards why not take a peek at our Christmas at Sweet Stampin challenge?

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

5 comments:

Tracey T said...

This is gorgeous! Love the image and the papers are just lovely - so feminine. Hugs xx

Janette said...

Great card, fab sentiment...
Thank you for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Unknown said...

Oh this is fab! So pretty!
Lucy x

Bettina L. said...

Fabolous. Love the details with the faux stitches and pink design. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina GD Member at Crafty Sentiments xx

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely card and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty sentiments & Crafty Sentimentshope to see you again next time