My Design Teams

Saturday 8 June 2013

Sketch Time!

Hello Peeps!

I hope you are well and have been enjoying some sunshine over the last week. I really am a summer person and so I'm soooo pleased to see the sun shining - and so is my garden!

Today I am off to the Foodie Festival on Clapham Common with my best friend Becca (my last Birthday treat!), we're looking forward to the workshops and all the sampling! Then we're being joined by my sister Lorna and we are off to celebrate Becca's Birthday! In fact I'm about to share Becca's Birthday card with you...so I really hope she doesn't read this blog post between it going live at 8am and me giving her the card when I see her today!

This week we have a lovely sketch for you at Sweet Stampin....
 
 
and this is how I used the sketch....
 
 
I think this image is great and its perfect for Becca. I have coloured it with my Promarkers and I have added some green sparkle with my Stickles. Now you might ask why I gave my lady a moss coloured feather boa...well originally it was pink and then I remembered who I was making the card for and decided Becca would never have a pink feather boa! So I added a green layer on top of my pink.....and came up with moss green!! Whoops!
 
Head over to the Sweet Stampin challenge blog to see how the other Team Abi ladies used this sketch - their cards are all gorgeous! While you're there you can find out about the fab prizes that our sponsors are providing.....
 
 
 
I'd also like the enter this card in the following challenges:
 
 Passion for Promarkers - all that glitters
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
 
Now if I'm going to a foodie festival today, I thought it was only fair that I left you with a sweet treat...
 
 
This is my fab new trio, which I love - its so pretty - and a rather nice piece of lemon and raisin cake. Susan - I hope this keeps you going until I'm back from the foodie festival!!
 
Thanks for popping by today,
I really appreciate all your lovely comments.
 
Wedgie xxx

9 comments:

Tracey T said...

This is a fabulous image, Wedgie! I'm sure Becca will love it! I really like the pretty crockery and feel strangely drawn to the cake... if only you lived nearer! Hugs, Tracey xx PS Have a great time at the Foodie Festival.

Chris said...

Fab card, Wedgie! Love that fun flapper in her green (not pink!!) boa! Enjoy your festival!
Chris
x

Rene said...

Fantastic card! Thank you SO much for sharing this fantastic creation with us at MIM! Good luck!
Rene :D

Gail said...

This card is outstanding. The image is so cute, but your coloring of her is what makes this card stand out. Her hair. OMGosh her hair is wonderful. I mean, it really does look like black hair that is super shiny. Outstanding colors..and this card sketch is great with this image. GREAT card.--Gail

mixamatoasties said...

Thank you Rachel. I love your foodie photo (and your card).

Hope you had a fabby time at the festival :)

Susan xx

catherine said...

This is such a super card Wedgie and just love the image. Hope you enjoyed your day out
x catherine

coops said...

so gorgeous wedgie.fab sassy image and I love your design and colours.
Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Rach, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Your glitter looks beautiful. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Antonella said...

You get the prize for the image that is the most fun! She just makes me smile, she looks like she is having way too much fun. Love the way you've colored her. I linked over from the Sweet Stampin Challenge where I am playing along too.
Hugs, antonella :-)