My Design Teams

Sunday 10 February 2013

Valentines with a little twist!

Well hello there!

A cheeky late Sunday evening post to finish off a fab weekend! This weekend I have entertained lots of friends...Jake and Kirsty came over for dinner on Friday evening, I cooked us up a Chinese feast! Then my sister and my best friend came to visit yesterday...we went to a local wine tasting which was so much fun, and then we had a good old fashioned girlie sleepover! Lots of food (yes more food!), drink and a chick movie!

I've also spent time in my craft room this afternoon and managed a quick visit to my favourite antiques shop....I am well and truely relaxed and content right now!

Soooo...its that lovey dovey week...Valentine's Day is just days away. I've created a Valentine's Day card with a slight difference...there is no red or pink on my card....

 
Hee, hee! I love a good sentiment on a card!
 
This cheeky chappie has been created out of various brown papers, with a googly eye and some details added in Promarkers and a white pen. My Squirrel's leg and arm is attached with 3D sticky pads to give him some dimension.
 
I have written my sentiment onto the card and added faux stitching around the edges.
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Allsorts - Valentines
Crazy 4 Challenges - hearts with no red or pink
Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes
 
Pop by both of these blogs to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created this week!
 
Thanks for popping by today...its lovely to see you!
 
Wedgie xxx

7 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

What a cute squirrel! Fab card.

Susan xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Wedgie, this is just fabulous!!
Kevin xx

Lorraine said...

What a cute squirrel - he's fab!
Lorraine x

Wendy L said...

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. What a different take on a Valentines card, it looks great. xxx

Helen said...

Great card - love this little guy!

Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

Helen x

craftygranny said...

Aww what a sweet squirrel . Thanks for sharing at challenges 4 everybody . hugs trisha x

ileana-carmen said...

It is very cute your card.