My Design Teams

Saturday 16 February 2013

Stars and Stripes

Hello there! Happy Saturday!

I hope you are well and have had a fab week!

Sooo....today we have a fab, fun challenge for you over at Sweet Stampin! This week's theme is stars and stripes...and its in honour of the lovely Abi who has this week flown out to Texas to see her friend who she hasn't seen in four years. We're all incredibly jealous and hope that Abi has lots of fun....its a shame there wasn't room for us all in her suitcase!!
 
This week we are joined by the fab Stamp Fairy as a sponsor....and we were lucky enough to be given cute images to play with.....

 
Isn't he fab??
 
As Abi is currently in America I decided to go with a red, white and blue colour combo for this card, using both plain and patterned papers. I've coloured the image with my Promarkers, making sure I added some more red, white and blue. Finally I added some extra stars and my computer generated sentiment. I love sentiments that reflect the image, they always make me smile!
 
The funny thing about this card is that I kinda got carried away with the colour combo and forgot that the actual theme was stars and stripes. I made sure that I added stars to my card....but kinda forgot about the stripes until I was finished!! Luckily there are some stripes on the firework and after discussion with the SS ladies it was decided this was ok!! Whoops!!
 
Pop by the Sweet Stampin challenge blog to see all the gorgeous DT cards that have been created by Team Abi this week! You can also ready about the fab prize on offer by our monthly sponsor.....
 
I'd also like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - an eye for detail (the colours that match the theme and the sentiment that matches the image!)
 
Pop by both of these challenge blogs to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created this week!
 
Right...I better get going....I'm spending a girly day in London today...I'm meeting Lorna, Becca and Sheree at Waterloo...we're going to the Valentino exhibiton at Somerset House followed by a vintage themed afternoon tea (which apparently also involves free flowing champagne!).
 
I hope you have a fab weekend whatever you're up to!
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx


8 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,love the fab image and wonderful colours.xxx

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card wedgie. The image is so sweet and I love your stars and stripes.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

mixamatoasties said...

What a great card. Love that bear.

And why couldn't Abi take us all eh?!

Susan xx

Tracey T said...

Love this RWB card - you've done our Abi proud! Sounds like you've got a fabulous Saturday planned - enjoy! Hugs, Tracey x

Doreen said...

fabby card Wedgie - fab colours as well
HUgs
Doreen xx

Bernardine Cuttino said...

cute, cute, Amazing card the image is simply fun. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
tuesdaythrowdown.

Kim said...

Being from the US I enjoy the red, white and blue hehe! Your sentiment goes perfectly! Great card.

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx