My Design Teams

Thursday 11 November 2010

Somone special at Christmas

Morning All,

A really quick post this morning, as I need to get my skates on...but I wanted to share a card with you quickly and I know I won't get a chance after work. The Creative Cottage have given us a lovely theme this week "someone special at Christmas"...so I decided to make a card for my mum.


I don't usually give Christmas cards to my parents, probably because I see them so much, but I know how much my love loves this stamp and so I thought a card using this image would be lovely.


I've used blue backing paper, a lovely snowdrop paper and some more of that gorgeous blue ribbon for the background. I then stamped the mini version of the tree twice. I backed these with some lovely white shimmer paper before attaching them to the card with 3D sticky pads.


I then went mad with my blue and white glitter glues! Although you can't see that from this photo!


Finally I decided to handwrite my sentiment on white card and back this with some blue paper.


I now need to hope that mum doesn't suddenly become web savvy and find this post!!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Wedgie xxx

5 comments:

Anne said...

Beasutiful card, love the gems in the centres of the leaves, it's a great finishing touch
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage this week
Anne x

Liza said...

Great work I love the colours and I'm sure your mum will love it.

Liza x

lindyloo said...

oh your mum is going to love this card I love the iccle gems in the centre of the flowers/leaves thank you for joining us at the creative cottage hope to see you next time huggies lindyloo x

Tracy said...

this is so beautiful i love the tree and the way you have added the gems, thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, hugs Tracy x

Shelly said...

Hi Wedgie! This is really pretty, your mum will love it! Nice how you've added the handwritten sentiment! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly x