My Design Teams

Friday 5 November 2010

Gently does it

Morning All,

I thought I'd get a quick post online before work this morning.....and Cute Card Thursday has the perfect challenge for me. Their theme is "gently does it" and they want to see us using vellum, parchment or tissue paper on our cards. The DT have created some lovely cards for inspiration, pop by and take a peek.

Here is my card:

I love making my embellishments so this challenge was perfect for me, I created a little bee to bring Birthday wishes. I used yellow card, along with a black pen. I added some googly eyes (just because they're my guilty pleasure) and I made some wings from a piece of pretty vellum. If I'm honest I don't really use vellum really often because I don't know what to do with, but I find it always makes good wings! I made my sentiment on the computer and used flowery backing paper for the background.

I'd also like to say a quick Happy Birthday to my friend from work Becca...I'm not sure whether she pops by my blog, but it'll be a nice surprise if she does! The lucky thing is at home today.....talking of work I better get my skates on!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Wedgie xxx

1 comment:

Faye said...

Hi Wedgie, this card is awesome, the wings look fab and the whole bee goes wonderfully with the pretty floral paper. Have a great weekend. xx