My Design Teams

Saturday 21 May 2016

Terrible Teens

Hello there,

Welcome back to my crafty little blog!

It's been a while since I posted....I'm not sure where times vanishes to these days! Work is so busy and my role in our local WI group also keeps me busy - this week was our monthly meeting and it was my turn to run the evening. I dedicated my talk to the dark art of social media - sharing my blogging story and how I use social media to support my afternoon tea blog and share the crafts I make. It was great fun and I enjoyed sharing my passion with others. We had a really mixed group of ladies, ranging from the IT savvy to those who really don't use social media at all - but everyone participated and asked questions. And since we were talking about my afternoon tea blog we decided it was right to enjoy a spot of afternoon tea during the evening....



Anyway, today I'm back with another fab challenge from Sweet Stampin....I say that....but I'm not so sure I found it fab when I was trying to decide what card to make! The theme is "terrible teenagers"....but my experience of teenagers....terrible or otherwise is very limited! I had to really think about this and in the end I decided to make a card based on my teenage memorise of shopping.....I didn't really enjoy shopping as a teen....but I think I was just odd as my friends all loved spending hours in the shopping centre!

So here you go.....my terrible teenagers card....


I'm not even sure that image looks like a typical teenager either.....but you get the idea!! My image has been stamped on card and coloured with my Promarkers. I have used a selection of patterned papers with a shopping theme and plain coloured papers - lots of layering here!I have then added a hand-written sentiment (my printer has given up on me!!).

For more terrible teenager inspiration pop by the Sweet Stampin challenge blog and take a peek at the fab DT cards that have been created this week. While you're there you can also take a peek at our fab sponsor!

I've also been crafting quite a lot recently.....lots of sewing has been taking place in my craftroom! here are some of my recent makes....


Lots of small zipper pouches (I love giving these are gifts), some flower brooches and my favourite.....a fab flamingo cushion! I just loved this fabric when I first saw it and knew I needed it in my life! This cushion has taken pride of place of my sofa!

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

6 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

Ooh I don't know where to start first! The fabulous card (great theme for teens), the scrumptious looking cakes (just as I'm thinking about breakfast!) or the amazing sewing projects. I can't sew a button on so this particularly impresses me! You all round clever thing you! Have a great weekend xx

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

LOL so true! My daughter is only 11 but does she love her shopping trips! I love the colours on your card and all the SHOES! Beautiful cute card!

Chris said...

Fab Card Wedgie, great for a teenage girl.I think the majority of them love to shop! Why do I always feel hungry after visiting your blog :)??
Chris
x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Scrummy cakes Wedgie, sound like you're having a great time at the WI. Wonderful sewing projects too, the flamingo cushion is fabulous and the brooches are so pretty. I can imagine one on my jacket :)

Love the teen card too, I remember those hours of strolling in shops, but we weren't any good customers as we rarely bought anything.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So thought I'd commented on this gorgeous card Wedgie. Was just popping in to say hi and send some love your way today. Thinking of you. Love this card from last challenge, fab image and love that paper! Nailed it! Hugs, Wends x

Marilyn said...

Delish & yummy looking treats and your sewing projects are very nice. I used to sew a lot and just don't anymore' I love the flamingo pillow.
Your card is great and we've all been there. I like the pretty paper too which is so perfect for the image and sentiment.