My Design Teams

Saturday 20 December 2014

Black and White.....and a splash of colour!

Hello there!

I hope you are well and have had a lovely week!

This week has seen three different work Christmas celebrations and my mum's Birthday.....I'm exhausted!! I only have two more work days left....and lucky am able to work at home on those two days, so no more nasty 6:30am commute this year! I am so pleased to type that!

This is my last Sweet Stampin challenge of 2014 and we have decided to leave you with a colour combo challenge....we want to see your black and white cards with a splash of colour on them. It can be any colour....but it must only be a splash!!

I decided to end the year with a trademark cupcake card....


I love this stamp, it's pretty and I think it looks great both coloured and also in back and white. Because there is that lovely berry on the top of the cake, I decided my splash of colour needed to be bright red. To match the elegant cupcake I decided to use a black and white striped backing paper, along with some plain red paper to continue the colour theme.

There is of course some sparkle on the card too!

For more inspiration pop by the Sweet Stampin challenge blog and take a peek at the gorgeous DT cards that Team Abi has created this week. While you are there you can also read all about our fab sponsors this week....




We can't wait to see what you've been creating!

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

5 comments:

Tracey T said...

Black, white and red is such a classic colour combo and it works brilliantly here. Glad you're able to stay cosy at home rather than battle into work on the train next week! xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie, I like the image the design and the colours
Kevin xx

Debs said...

Love your colour combo and fabulous image.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Debs xx

mixamatoasties said...

Great card!

Have a lovely Christmas and New Year.

Susan xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Fabulous Wedgie, love the contrast of the red with the B/W. Hope you are enjoying the Festive Season xx