My Design Teams

Wednesday 16 June 2010

It Takes Two!

Hi there! We're half way through the week already! Woo hoo! Wednesday's may be a bit hectic, what with Brownies and Guides, but I'm nearly always happy on a Wednesday! The weekend is just around the corner now! I know I shouldn't wish my life away, but there just aren't enough hours during the day to work and craft!! Hee, hee!

Today's post is dedicated to one of my favourite weekly challenges - The Creative Cottage. This week's challenge is called "it takes two" and to enter we need to produce a card and a matching item.

You'll see that I went for the easy option...a card and matching gift tag! The DT ladies have been much more creative, take a peek here to set their gorgeous sets!

I've used Creative Cottage papers for both my card and the gift tag, in fact this was the freebie from May. I love this cute little bear, he's soooo sweet! I also love the green and yellow colour combo, it's fresh and zingy and looks fab with the grey bear.

I added the sentiments on my computer using text boxes before printing out the digi images. In hindsite I wish I'd printed the image for the card a little smaller because it didn't leave me much room to add any other embellishment to the card! Still, he's so cute he deserves to be centre of attention!

I made the gift tag out of yellow card and more of the Creative Cottage paper, this time I used a much smaller digi image and I changed the sentiment.

I punched a hole in the tag and added some lovely green ribbon from my stash.

I hope you're having a good week and hope you stop by again soon.

Wedgie xxx

4 comments:

Berry said...

You have done a fab job with Sherbert Wedgie! This is a really cute tag too, brilliant work, thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge again this wk Hugs Rebekah x

Becky said...

Oh wow Wedgie, so sweet!! Love the design and the yellow backing, it really sets the kit off!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage! xx

Shelly said...

Hi Wedgie! This is by no means the easy option... it's just perfect for that special person! I love this digi set too, and it looks great onto yellow card! Thanks for joining in with my challenge at The Creative Cottage this week! Hugs Shelly ;)

Tracy said...

wow wedgie this is great why didnt i think of doing a gift tag, brilliant idea, i will def be doing some of these in the future. Thanks for joining this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge, Tracy x