My Design Teams

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Spring had sprung...apparently!

More rain today...lots more tomorrow apparently...the clocks are due to go forward this weekend, and spring is upon us...I went for a walk on Sunday and saw loads of lovely flowers peeking up through the grass! I've created some spring flower cards inspired by spring, but I want to share a story first....

I often watch The One Show on BBC 1, tonight they wanted viewers to send in photos of their home cooked dinners..something to do with the British doing more cooking than the French. Well, I got all excited - I was sitting there with my home cooked dinner in front of me! It was my yummy sausage, tomato and bean casserole & I wanted to show it off!! I demanded that Dad got his camera & snap me and mum eating our dinner, I then downloaded the photo onto the computer....then I spent the next 20 mins trying to figure out how to get the photo to TV show!! They said to go to the website...which I have looked throughly around...its very pretty & you can send comments in, but I have no clue how to get my photo sent in!! The programme is now finished & my dinner is cold!! Morale of the story...don't get too excited by what you see on telly!!

I have found two spring challenges this week - one appears on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, where the DT have come up with some fab designs.

The other challenge is on the Allsorts Challenge blog, take a peek here to see the DT's gorgeous cards.

I've run with the flower theme for my spring cards, the pink card above features handmade flowers crafted from scrap papers in my stash. I've used a pink flowerly backing paper & some plain pink backing paper (just visible), along with some pretty pink ribbon & a flower button. The second card is much more simple & features a drawing that I did myself. I've coloured my drawing with my brushstroke pens & used coloured pencils to shade the background. I've used a bright yellow backing paper to balance out the deep pink flowers.
I'm not sure which is my favourite card out of these two, but think I'll enter the hand drawn one into both blog challenges as I like its simplicity - a really different style for me!

However, I bet what you're really interested in seeing is what my dinner looked like...since I couldn't get it on BBC 1 I thought I'd spoil you & add it here!! Yes, I know it doesn't look fab, but believe me it tastes delicious!! This photo also proves that I really need to edit my profile picture on here....as you can see I'm a real brunette these days!!  Also featured in this photo is my mum.....bet she'll be pleased to make her blog debut holding her plate of dinner up in the air!! Ha,ha!
Anyway, thats really enough rambling for one evening....you've probably all got bored by now!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Wedgie xxx

1 comment:

brenda said...

Hi there

What a great card, thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x