My Design Teams

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Christmas Transport

Helloeee! Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is keeping well and having a great week. 

I know I love the sunshine and the summer months....but it is also quite nice to see the colder months too....there is something lovely about being comfy and cosy at home. Snug jumpers.....hot chocolate....and of course Christmas is now just around the corner! Yes, I said it....its nearly Christmas time! I have already seen mince pies and Christmas gifts in the shops, before we know the John Lewis advert will be making us all go "aahhhhh" on the TV and we'll be wondering if we made it onto Santa's nice list this year!

Over at Christmas at Sweet Stampin we've been getting ourselves for the festive season all year....making a new card each month and growing our Christmas card stash slowly! This month is no different....and our new theme is Christmas travel or transport.

If you've seen my Christmas cards before you'll probably realise that I am rather partial to adding a penguin or two to my festive cards! Not sure why....they just always look so cute! So I was delighted that I had a travelling penguin within my digi stamps! Here he is.....


The super cute paper in background is from the Papermania range Christmas in the Country, which I treated myself to.....last year! Yes, I have had this gem hidden away in my stash! I'm not sure if they are producing a similar pack this year, but I just loved the patterns which remind me of Christmas jumpers!


I decided to make my jumper patterned paper a feature of this card and compliment it with a red and white border. My image is also mounted on red paper. My image is from Digi Stamp Boutique and I have coloured him with my Promarkers. I have tilted the image as I fixed it to the card to make it look like he is speeding down the hill!

For more Christmas travel/transport inspiration pop by the Christmas at Sweet Stampin Challenge blog and take a peek at all the gorgeous DT cards. While you're there you can read all about our fab sponsor this month...


We're looking forward to seeing your creations this month!

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

6 comments:

Gail said...

Wedgie, this is just wonderful. What an adorable penguin and that paper is stinkin' great. It reminds me of a sweater my dad used to wear..that pattern. I love this card and it brought back great memories! Thanks so much! Hugs, Gail

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Super cute Wedgie, love it! Totally love that delish paper. Fab make hun. Hugs, Wends x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A very cute image and a wonderful paper, I can understand why you bought it :)

Enjoy the weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit

An Occasional Genius said...

I came back from my Summer hols to find Christmas food in our shop!!!

Love your cutie penguin xx

Marie Bingaman said...

That image is too stinkin' cute! I love how you angled him to speed downhill...the image sure does call for it! :)

Marilyn said...

This is so cute. Love that sweater paper too.