My Design Teams

Sunday 28 July 2013

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Hello there Happy Sunday!
 
Look at this - I'm back with another post and its not Saturday again yet! I have started as I mean to go on with my week's annual leave and have already been crafting!
 
Its been a busy couple of days already....I went to a family BBQ yesterday with Joe and today I had a very lovely afternoon tea with my mum and sister (more about that later!). The BBQ was to celebrate some Birthdays....and so naturally I needed some Birthday cards! Here is my favourite one.....

 
I've used a kraft background for this shabby chic card, and some very pretty wrapping paper! I've also added a stamped cupcake which was coloured with my Promarkers, a very pretty doily and a personalised sentiment.
 
I'm really pleased with how this card turned out, very pretty and girlie!
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Allsorts Challenge - Kraft it!
Crazy 4 Challenges - join us on a picnic - I think cupcakes make perfect picnic food!
Simon Says Stamp - summer food and or drink - see above!
 
If you get the chance pop by these fab challenge blogs - there are some gorgeous DT cards to see!
 
So, earlier I mentioned our afternoon tea trip today.....we were at a lovely place called Warren House, where we sampled a rather scrummy afternoon tea on the terrace in the beautiful grounds. Now...we really showed our true British spirit today as although the photo shows a beautiful day we were plagued with rain...but did we go inside?? No...we stayed under our huge umbrella eating the yummy cakes and strawberries!!
 
 
To see more of this lovely tea pop over to our afternoon tea blog! If you pop by please leave us a comment so we know that you visited!
 
It's lovely to see you today, thank you for popping by!
Wedgie xxx

6 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie, I like the fancy cupcake, the colours and the doily.
Kevin xx

Tracey T said...

The card looks fab and the afternoon tea looks delicious! Enjoy your week off! Hugs, Tracey xx

Sarah said...

Great card Wedgie and wow what an array of delicacies for your afternoon tea! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Kraft It challenge this week x

Lisa Carroll said...

What a fab card! Love the cupcake. :) Thank you for joining us in the "Summer Food & Drink" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog! xo

Mummylade said...

gorgeous creation! Thank you so much for playing along in our challenge at Allsorts and good luck!

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Wedgie. Hope you had a fantastic BBQ and all enjoyed yourselves
x catherine