My Design Teams

Sunday 2 September 2012

Lots of thank yous....

Hello there...hope you're having a good day!

First off...I am so chuffed...remember those yummy strawberry cupcakes that I entered in the "its a gift" challenge over at Allsorts last week?? Welllll.....they got picked as one of the Top 5 for that challenge! I'm so pleased! Thank you Brenda and the lovely Allsorts ladies!!



Right, on with today's cards....I've been a little busy crafting as I have a few thank you cards that I want to send out....I have had a very lucky August as some of you know and I wanted to say thanks!

Here is my first card....

 
I've used some plain blue paper and some really pretty floral paper to create this card. I have used some cute sewing stamped images, some punched lace paper and some cute pins. I've added a little faux stitching along the paper lace with a blue pen and added a computer generated sentiment.
 
I've coloured my images using my Promarkers:
Satin
China Blue
Rose Pink
 
Plus I have paper pieced some gorgeous old wrapping paper onto the dress image. Its wrapping paper that I've had since my Birthday last year....I love keeping pretty paper as you never know when you might get to use it!
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Cute Card Thursday - a stitch in time
Passion for Promarkers - needles and pins (use stitching and at least one pin)
Oldie but a Goodie - paper piecing (my old thing is that gorgeous wrapping paper!)
 
I have also created this card today....
 
 
I just love this cute LOTV image.....the mice are soooo cute!! I've shaped the top of the card and added some plain blue paper and some pretty pink patterned paper. I've stamped my image onto plain white card and coloured it with my Promarkers. Finally I added my computer generated sentiment.
 
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Allsorts - anything but square
Lili's Little Fairies - anything but square
 
Pop by all the blogs mentioned to see all the gorgeous DT cards that have been created this week!
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx
 

9 comments:

lis-m said...

fabby cards.. love the sewing machine and stitched papers!
thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week in my Needles & pins challenge. good luck!
hugs x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Two gorgeous cards Wedgie, I like the papers images and the pins on the first,The shape and image on the second.
Kevin xx

June Nelson said...

Wow love both cards hunnie just found your blog via someone elses and im your newest follower huggies June xxxxxxxxxxxx

heidy said...

What a lovely cards Wedgie!
Thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel! What sweet and adorable cards!Love the first one with the pins, and the mice are just so adorableon the second card! A big congratson your winning!! Hugs and sunshine

downrightcrafty said...

such a sweet image and gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining in with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Faye said...

Well done on your cakes Wedgie. Love both these cards, but the first especially. Cool details. X

Unknown said...

Wow two beautiful cards I know because I am the proud owner of the first one , Thank you Rachel your work is fabulous Hugs Elaine

Debs said...

Two fab cards Wedgie - love the adorable LOTV image and fab card shape.
Thank you for playing along with my Anything But Square challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.
Debs xx