My Design Teams

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Something New....

....and for once I haven't bought it!

Happy Tuesday Folks.....don't you just love bank holiday Mondays...its already Tuesday evening! Woo hoo! Soooo...I was lucky enough to win a challenge recently and was awarded a $10 gift voucher at Digi Doodle....so a little shopping was in order! There was so much to choose from, but I finally decided on a selection of vintage style images.

As I was wandering aroung their shop, drooling over the images I thought I'd pop by the Digi Doodle challenge blog too and discovered that this week's challenge is "something new".....perfect for my new digi images!


This is quite a detailed image and I'd usually opt out of using my Promarkers when colouring an image like this, but tonight I decided to challenge myself and give it a go! I've coloured the pretty image with my Promarkers and then mounted it on white paper for a clean and simple white on white card.

I'm pleased that I tried out the Promarkers...the colouring isn't too bad...and practice makes perfect!

I'd also like to enter this card in the "white on white" challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week.

Pop by both challenge blogs to see all the gorgeous DT cards.

Thanks for popping today and if you fancy trying to win some candy pop by my Birthday candy post!

Wedgie xxx

10 comments:

Tracey T said...

This is fabulous, Wedgie and the image is so you! Love the white on white look - you've put this together beautifully. xx

Unknown said...

Wedgie this is so pretty, I love the lace mat the tea pot is on .
fantastic card I love this one.
Hugs Elaine

An Occasional Genius said...

Congratulations on the challenge win! Love your white on white card & the image looks fab coloured with your promarkers, glad you went for it! xx

Jenz Bitz 'n' Bobs said...

I love this image, I've not used it yet. Your card is gorgeous and your colouring is great. Thanks for joining in this weeks Challenge at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. Jenny DT x

Suzie's Card Den said...

Lovely card and beautifully coloured.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Liza said...

a fab card Wedgie, love your new images.

Liza x

lis-m said...

fabulous card... love the teapot...
Thanks for joining us over at PfP this week . hugs xx

xxxtglxxx said...

You have coloured this so well!! :)

gorgeous card, lovely image and colours hun :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Unknown said...

Hi Wedgie I have just called to wish you a happy birthday for Tomorrow, Im not on my PC a lot at the moment and didnt want to miss it, HAVE A GREAT DAY HUGS ELAINE

Maya said...

Such a wonderful card!
Sweet image and details.
Thank you for joining us at PfP,
hugs from Maya