My Design Teams

Saturday 4 February 2012

The One I Love

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I hope you've had a fab week....and I hope you're all keeping well in this cold weather - bbbrrrrr!!

Well, here we are another Saturday....and its February already (what happened to January??)!! Over at Sweet Stampin we have another fab monthly sponsor joining us...this month its Joanne Sheen.....and in addition we have Stamp and Create joining us as our weekly sponsor this week!


 

If you are our lucky winner this week you'll have a fab $20 shopping spree at Stamp and Create - you lucky things!

But what's this week's challenge I hear you cry.....well this week we've gone all lovey dovey on you with the theme...."the one I love".
I'm not that good at romantic cards really.....they seem to fall into that "cards I'm not as comfortable with" cateogry....just like masculine cards. Weird really....romantic cards are typically pink or red and often have a bit of sparkle....you'd think with all my girlie cards I'd love it....but for some reason I struggle!! Sooooo....when I saw this theme I decided to include all my favourite things on the card and see where that got me.....


So, we've got a bit of pink and purple (my favourite colours), one of my favourite new stamps, some coffee (probably my favourite non-alcoholic beverage) and some of my current favourite sparkly backing paper! And to be honest I'm quite pleased with how its turned out.....when I first finshed it I wasn't so keen, but now I look at it I'm quite happy!

Don't forget to pop by all the Sweet Stampin challenge blog to see all the gorgeous DT cards that have been created for you!

10 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Great card Wedgie.

Think I'll go and make myself a wee coffee now and if anyone says anything I will blame you lol xx

Pamela said...

Love the sentiment on this - coffee time me thinks!

Pam x

Tracey T said...

Yes, me too - I want a coffee now! And I meant to be doing housework AND marking (yes, I know, I shouldn't be blog hopping!). Love this stamp, Wedgie and the colours are really gorgeous. xx

Doreen said...

fantastic card Wedgie. Love the sentiment - it's perfect
Hugs
Doreen xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Not a coffee girl myself but I absolutely love this card! Am glad it's grown on you cos it really is fab! Enjoy your weekend sweets xx

Unknown said...

Hi Wedgie - fab card. Great image (the pattern is lovely) and sentiment and the paper is so gorgeous!

Sarah

Jenny said...

I just love that matching sentiment. Kettle is on at my house! x

Fiona said...

fab card Wedgie...that cup is amazing, reminds me of an china cup my granny had!!

Fi
x

Kim said...

Love your card and the sentiment is perfect! But I love coffee too, all the good conversations happen over coffee.
Kim

Natali said...

Beautiful card. Love combinations of coffee cup and paterned paper.
Hugs
Natali