My Design Teams

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Something Funny!

Evening All, I hope you're all well.

Cupcake Craft Challenges has a fab challenge this week...their theme is comedy rocks! What a fab challenge! I just love making cards that make people laugh and often my cards can be a little bit cheeky!

I've been asked by a colleague to make a 50th Birthday card for her partner...she wanted his favourite car on it (a MGB Roadster) and their cat Jaspa. She also told me that he liked real ale, red wine and Edwina Currie! Here is what I created for her....


As you see I've missed out Edwina Currie! Once I'd made the car out of paper and stamped Jaspa the cat I decided I didn't want to put anything else on the card as I didn't want to make it to crowded. My cheeky sentiment delivered by Jaspa is "You're not old...you're vintage!". I really enjoyed creating this car, and I'm pleased with how it looks. I based it on a photo, so the dimensions should all be right.

As well as the comedy challenge, I'm also entering this card in the "anything goes" challenge over at Papertake Weekly. Take a peek at both blogs to see all the gorgeous DT cards that have been created.

Thanks for popping by today and I hope to see you again soon!

Wedgie xxx

4 comments:

Donna said...

Brilliant card for our comedy challenge this week Wedgie, what fun and fab images you've used...I love the sentiment too...thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cupcake...good luck :) Donna x

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! So thrilled you did! You sure make some great cards and I visited your bake & share blog too! You are very clever!

Hugs,
Maryjane

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Wedgie, what a brilliant card. I love the fun image and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Faye said...

Hiya, loving this fun card and what a brilliant car. You rock. xxx P.S. Thanks for playing at Cupcake last week. xxx