My Design Teams

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Happy Tuesday!

I am sooooo confused! I had yesterday off work...yes I spent a lovely afternoon with Joe...no I'm not a Valentine's Day fanatic...we just decided to spend some time together because Joe's working so much at the moment....the bad bit is that it's really confused me!! I don't know what day it is!! Joe bought me a lovely mixing bowl for Valentine's Day....ha, ha...I never thought I'd utter those words! The mixing bowl is lovely though and I'm looking forward to baking some yummy cakes!

I haven't really been entering many card challenges online recently....not sure why...I thought it was because I was busy doing other things...and I have done a lot recently...but I've also had lots of time when I just didn't fancy making any cards! I suppose everyone needs a break every now and then! Well, this evening I've decided to enter a lot of challenges, so this may be a long post....I'm sorry!! First off I have a card for two different challenges....


Since I haven't been entering many challenges I was really surprised and delighted to see that I have won last week's challenge over at Stamp Fairy....thank you ladies! I have a lovely new badge on my blog and I get to choose a digi image from their shop! Fab! Their challenge this week is "basically white with a touch of colour"....and surprisingly I didn't go for pink! I love this little bug...he's a Stamp Fairy image and I think he is actually a space man...but I think he looks great as a cold or flu bug! The card also fits in nicely with the "its all about the sentiment" challenge over at Allsorts this week. It'd make me smile if I was ill!

My second card fits in with more challenges....it may look like a Valentine's card...but really it can suit lots of occasions!


I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenge - I heart you - a card with at least one heart on it
Paper Play Challenge - hearts and flowers, but not Valentines
Cute Card Thursday - hearts and flowers

I've had fun making these cards this evening, thanks for stopping by to see them!

Wedgie xxx

9 comments:

Faye said...

Well done on your Stamp Fairy win!
Sweetie, I don't ever know what day it is! I have to look on a calendar and write it down on a post it note! ;)
Love the bug card, it's really sweet and would defo cheer up a sicky! And the second one is very pretty, I like how you've incorporated your hearts. Enjoy the rest of the week and thanks for playing at Cupcake again. xxx

ThePurplePlace said...

Congratulations on winning our challenge last week at StampFairy! We are all very happy for you and even more happy to see you back and playing again this week.

I had fun with the new challenge myself and I think your card is really cute!!

Thank you again for playing along and I wish you good luck again this week!!

Happy Crafting,
Lis

Sharon Basel said...

Hi Wedgie! So glad to see you back to creating - I've missed you! This is darling - I love that you used the alien as a bug for a get well card - creative touch! Thanks for playing along at StampFairy! It's always fun to have you join us.
Hugs,
Sharon

Curly said...

Wow amazing creation, and beautiful colours,

thanks for sharing with us at Secret Crafter: 121 A Stamped Flower

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our "hearts & flowers but not Valentine" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a delightful card ! Good luck !

Vanja said...

Beautiful elegant cards!
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs
Vanja

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

That Space Fun image is perfect for a get well card - I will have to remember that!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at StampFairy Challenge and congrats on the win last week hun!

Deanne :)

Emma H said...

Very cool, I love how you've used the bug a a 'germ' (a cute germ!) Thanks for playing along with Stamp Fairy