My Design Teams

Friday 2 April 2010

Pretty Pink

Stop the Press! I finally got a chance to look for card challenges and guess what the theme is this week over at The Creative Cottage.....I guess my post title kinda gave it away...but you're right...it's Pretty Pink! Now thats what I like to see....a challenge calling for cards which are pretty and pink! Fab!

The DT have come up with some lovely cards to inspire us...take a peek here.

Without further ado, here is my card for the challenge....


Right please ignore the dodgy camera images, because this card has beads on it I couldn't lay it flat in the scanner and my camera is soooo tempremental!!

I chose a butterfly theme for my pink card as I think butterflies are very pretty! I've used pretty flowered backing paper as a base, with a strip of pink paper on top of that. I've then sewn a purple button onto a strip of brighter pink ribbon and attached that too.

The butterfly wings are made out of paper, with two pink gems attached. The body of the butterfly is made using wire which I've then threaded 4 beads onto. I've attached the body to the wings using lots of glue!

The butterfly was folded in half when I cut out the wings, so along that line I applied glue dots to stick it to the backing paper. I've then used sticky 3D pads to attach the wings, giving the butterfly a fab 3D look, which I hope can be seen more clearly on my second dodgy photo below!

Finally I added my pre-printed sentiment and a line of gliter dots to add some sparkle!


I really enjoyed making this card....of course the colour scheme is right up my street, but I also enjoyed making the butterfly. I do like creating things out of paper....its cool to start with a pile of pretty papers and then after a little hard work you've created something new. I think thats why I like making my car cards.

Right, I'm off to make my pastel coloured turds this morning...fingers crossed they go ok!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Wedgie xxx

3 comments:

Tracy said...

what a fabulous card love that butterfly it looks gorgeous.Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage Challenge. Tracy x

Donna said...

This is such a pretty card Wedgie and the detail on the butterfly is beautiful! I'm so pleased you have been able to join in our challenge at The Creative Cottage :) Donna x

Becky said...

What a pretty card, I love the pink!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
Love Becky xx